Whether you have recently adopted a pet or are considering it, one of the most important decisions you will make is to spay or neuter your cat or dog. Our mobile vet in Los Angeles can make this decision easier by coming to your house to perform the surgery. Here are a few reasons you should spay and neuter:
- Your female pet with live a longer, healthier life.
- Spaying helps prevent uterine infections and breast cancer which is fatal in 50% of dogs and 90% of cats. Spaying before the first heat cycle can prevent this.
- Neutering Provides Health Benefits
- Besides preventing unwanted litters, neutering your male prevents testicular cancer.
- Your spayed female won’t go into heat
- In an attempt to advertise to potential mates, they’ll yowl and urinate. Sometimes all over the house!
- Your male dog won’t roam away from home.
- Don’t take the risk of your dog roaming into traffic and getting injured.
- It is highly cost effective
- The cost of the surgery is not nearly what the cost would be to take care of a litter.
- It is good for the community
- Stray pets pose a problem in many parts of the country. They can prey on wildlife, cause car accidents, and frighten small children.
- Spaying and Neutering helps fight pet overpopulation
- Every year, millions of cats and dogs are euthanized or suffer as strays. These are a result of unplanned litters.
Spaying or neutering your pets is an easy procedure that can save you a lot of headache in the long run. Give your pet the quality of life they deserve.